Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Run, Lance, RUN!!

How convenient is it that the district cross country meet is in San Angelo!? So Nice! Elizabeth and I decided to go support Lance ... and might I say, We must have done an amazing job!!

Funny Story: We were talking to Lance (in his warm-ups and all) before the race ... and all of a sudden the starter-person blew his whistle! Lance panicked and ran to the starting line ... and not even 10 seconds later, the guy shot the gun to start the race!! Lance and 2 other guys were running and throwing shirts off at the same time!! Luckily, he shot the gun again, to stop the race!! I was so mad!! The starter didn't even talk to the group ... they usually say stuff like Let's have a nice clean race; if someone falls down, i will shot the gun and we will start over! Didn't say one word to them ... just started the race!! Poor Lance!!

Lance is the one with the white tights underneath his shorts!!
He is ready this time!!


Almost done!
Lance had an awesome race! He placed 3rd overall ... and over Wall!! Wall placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th! So obviously, they also placed 1st as a team! In all the previous races, Lance usually comes in 5th, 6th in Wall runners ... so today he beat 2 other boys that he had never beat before!! So Proud!!

Lance and his GF, Cassidy...
(showing off 2 pretty things!)

Liz, Lance and I
I come from such a talented family (i sure didn't get much of it) ... but I love to go watch/support my cousins!! Regionals is on November 8th ... and Bryan and I will be in Kerrville celebrating some birthdays that weekend! State is on Nov. 15th, and I already told Lance that if he makes it, God-willing I will be there!! Go, Lance!

No comments: