Monday, October 06, 2008

Awesome Weekend

If I blogged about our whole weekend in one blog ... it would be entirely TOO long! So we are going to break it down into 3! Enjoy!

On Saturday Morning, Bryan had signed up to help with the Irion County Cross Country meet! His job was to ride the gator behind the very last runner! Violet and I went along because that sounded like fun! Well, we only got to ride some with him because they needed me to help in the finish line!! So I would ride the first lap with them ... then I would get off and go and help at the finish line, while Bryan finished the race with Violet!!

One time, I got off and Violet was about to jump off too! I told Bryan that she was about to jump off and to hold onto her leash! He just looked at me and smile ... then there in front of everyone, Violet jumped! She wanted to watch the runners finish ... so she stayed with me!!

Riding the Gator by the river!

Violet was checking out the last place runner in front of us ...
My Favorite Picture!!


Even though, we had to get up around 7AM on our Saturday ... It was still a real fun morning!!

*Update: A gator is a small tractor/mule/4 wheeler type thing! Some times, I just think that everyone in the world knows exactly what I mean!!

5 comments:

Amy Holifield said...

Aren't cross country meets fun when you're NOT running?!

~kristi said...

cute pics! can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what "riding the gator" means, but must not have been to bad if V liked it...LOL..
Great pix...Mom

Shaunna said...

Sounds like fun....Even if Irion County was one of our biggest rivals when I was in high school:P SC and IC didn't really get along!

The Holik's said...

I don't like seeing you in that PURPLE!!! hehehehe Glad you had fun!!