Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Part ONE - Before the Game

Bryan and I attended the Dallas Cowboys football game on Sunday! Bryan wanted to go see a NFL football game there before they tore it down! So, I had been watching Ebay to see what kind of tickets we could get!! I decided that since we had a good chance of beating the Cincinnati Bengals ... that was the game to go too!! Besides it was at 3:15PM, which would give us time to get home (so I thought ... but that's another post)!! I got some good seats ... and decided to surprise him with a scavenger hunt through our house! He was sooo excited!! I wish I would have got a picture of his face when he saw the tickets!!

So on Sunday, we left Ben & Kristi's house around 8 ... giving us plenty of time to get there!

Along the way, we were watching for cheap gas ... in the RR/ Austin area, it was around $3.39 or so!! On I-35, we saw $3.09 ... but of course, it was on the other side, so we kept driving! The next place was $3.39 ... so Bryan took the next exit, so we could go back and fill up! Then God said, "How's this?" $2.99 at a store called Czech Stop!! Thank You JESUS!! I had to have a picture of it ... it was so exciting to pay two something for gas!!

When we got to Irving, we wanted to check out parking and everything, then go eat! As we were driving by ... I wanted a picture from the road!! Well my camera has to focus and then focus again ... Going 50 MPH down the road, and some how I got a picture of this guy!! Whoops!! He looks like he is posing for it!

To eat ... It was Bryan's day, and he picked Pappadeaux! Since it was a weekend of 'firsts' ... Bryan wanted to try ALLIGATOR! Yes, I typed that right!! We were going to split some chicken and shrimp with a side salad ... so we decided to get it!! The waiter said it tasted like chicken with a sweet taste!

Bryan - He loved it! Hopefully this doesn't turn into an expensive habit! Me - Not so much! I didn't like the sweet taste that the waiter was trying to explain! and It doesn't taste anything like chicken ... it just has the same texture!

We made it back to the stadium about 12:30 ... yes, 2 hours and 45 minutes before the game started!! We wanted to be able to walk around and check everything out!!

The whole "Hold the camera out and take a picture of yourself."


Luckily a couple came along that offered to take our picture!
Another one of us ... right in front of Texas Stadium!!!
We got there before some of the players ... so we got some pictures of them coming into the stadium! Then, they get suited up and practice on the field! Instead of posting a whole bunch of those, I made a collage of many!

Click To Enlarge!!


My camera did not like the lighting in the stadium ... a part of the stadium was very lighted, so if that was in your background, you had a sort of glow to you!! I don't know what happened ... but some of my pictures were really weird!!

Bryan's 1st time in Texas Stadium!!

When I bought our tickets, I totally forgot that Brian and Mackenzie would be at that game!! We found them right after we found our seats!! Also, her camera was working much better than mine ... so she has some cute ones of us!!! So, I will probably post at another time!

Brian and Kenz - All Decked Out!
*More to come soon!!

2 comments:

Amy Holifield said...

I'm so jealous! My brother was at the game, too. He'd call with an update every time they scored, but he was really just rubbing it in that he was there and we weren't! That's a great picture of Jason Whitten. I have a bit of a crush on him, but Cam doesn't mind, he has a bit of a man-crush himself! Looks like y'all had fun!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome...What a good choice my son made in you...And I love how you keep mentioning "firsts" like...yeh...we'll do THIS again..haha..Thanx for sharing..AND that grin on his face that never seems to leave..ONE BLESSED MAN...Keep up the good work..Mimi