Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Landry!

Today is my Landry's 3rd Birthday!

Back a couple of months ago, I started thinking what we would get Landry for her birthday! Landry is in a "Princess" stage right now (as you can see by the previous post)! But for some reason, I did not want to get her a toy or clothes! So while, I was in a fabric store during my sewing craze (still there, just saving up for a sewing machine) ... I had the idea to make her a fleece no-sew blanket! This would be her blanket ... she would not have to share this like most of the rest of her stuff! And to prove that it was her's, I asked my aunt to mongram it with her name!

With all the princess crowns, wands, shoes and dresses, etc. ... Landry could have cared less about the blanket! (It was actually a hit with the adults ... some one tired to put in an order for their son!!) But I do know that someday it will be special to her!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right...the crowns and wands have already started losing their "shine"...she even forgot her "camera" at GIGI's...this blanket will be hers forever....
AND I LOVED IT>>>>MIMI

~kristi said...

the blanket is on her bed. Replacd her baby blanket. She says is has baby emery in it.

Mrs. Jenk said...

I love the blanket- what a sweet idea!

Amy Holifield said...

Thanks suz! If you're not up to much saturday, we're having her birthday party at 3 at Johnson Street's new fellowship hall. We'd love to see you again!