Monday, July 07, 2008

A Weekend Full of Fun

WARNING: Long post full of pictures ahead!!

Bryan and I both had a three-day weekend! We started it off on Thursday by celebrating Charlotte's b-day over supper and firecrackers! I am not much of a firecracker person ... they scare me! Well, Bryan handed me a "Morning Glory" (which he says is one of the safest)! I am sitting in my chair, twirling it around .... when a piece of it came off and fell in my sandal (between my foot and the shoe)!! I drop the firecracker, and start kicking my foot ... seriously, sparks are flying from my sandal! Not Cool! Now, I am really done with all firecrackers! So, I didn't get burned or anything ... but it scared me!

Here's the group having fun with roman candles ...
Charlotte's in the grey shirt!


He looks like a little kid ...
in adult clothing!

The Sparkler...
another "safe firecracker"!


On Friday (July 4th), We went out to Veribest Park ... a Holik Family Tradition! Every year, we go for bar-b-que, games and fellowship! Lots of fun!

This was the only picture taken at the Park!


Paul-Ann started a tradition last year ... Freedom Fest! It's held at the Colt's Stadium! This year included: an Ornan's Floor concert, the Impact Team, some giveaways, and the coolest firework light show ever! The Ornan's Floor concert was loud, but really good! Bryan and I both love all of their songs! The Impact Team was amazing! They broke a whole lot of stuff, and gave all the glory to God! The Firework show ... a wonderful 10 minutes of OOOOO's and AHHHHH's!

This guy broke all of those bricks in half!


Dad & Mom ... enjoying the Impact Team!


This guy bent a steel rod into a Christian fish!

Breaking a bat!
Freedom Fest 2008

Me, Bryan, Lance and Lance's Huge Arm.
Mommy and Me.

Bryan, Lance and Daddy's Arm ...
watching the light show!

So Pretty!


All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

Still no Baby Emery ...

2 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

what a good fireworks picture- all of mine were so not impressive.

Anonymous said...

Violet still looks cranky... and you can't fool me...that is on the ranch..long driveway..so perhaps you just stayed at home and TOLD everyone you went to a family reunion...lol...