Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nintendo Wii

If you haven't heard how cool Bryan's job is, this is the perfect example! A couple weeks ago, Bryan's boss asked him to find a TV and wii for the gym! So, let's add to his list of job description:

  1. Watch Or Play Basketball with Boys
  2. Watch and/or Work out with Boys
  3. Take Boys to Movies
  4. Take Boys to Colts/Stampede Games
  5. Break up Fights
  6. Eat Supper at Cottages
  7. Be the Lifeguard / Swim in Pool
  8. Live on the Ranch
  9. Watch OR Play wii with the boys

Sure this isn't everything ... but it's about 90% of his job!

Moving on, Bryan and I have both become exciting about this wii thing! and Even more excited about Mario Cart! Well apparently, everyone is excited and buying ... so we are having to wait patiently for more to come in! Bryan and I both had yesterday afternoon off, so we decided to borrow my cousin's wii and have a Mario Cart Party!! We invited Jill and Liz over for some supper and racing!

Mario Cart lives up to it's name ... It was sooo fun! Any guesses on what I will be doing when I get off work!? Anywaz, we had four wheels, so all 4 of us could race against each other ... I'm sure that was a site to see! Too bad I didn't video tape us ... I'm sure I could have sent it into AFV (America's Funniest Videos)!

Pretty soon, our thumbs were tired from holding down the number 2 button (which was the gas) ... so we moved onto baseball, bowling and tennis! About this time, Bryan's parents showed up (they are vacationing in Montana for the next 2 weeks ... they were driving through and spent the night) ... I am sure they enjoyed laughing at us!

For those of you who don't know wii, it's a very interactive system! For the sports, you actually swing the remote like a baseball bat/tennis racket ... or roll a bowling ball! It was during tennis, that things got a little dangerous! Picture this: 4 people swinging remotes, 2 adults watching, and laughing, 2 dogs wandering around, and a small living room! Well, someone was bound to get hit and I'm happy to say that it was not a girl ... or a dog ... or a parent! Yes, this leaves the one and only husband of mine! Bryan and I were on a team, and I was in a zone ... swinging at every ball passing my way! Then I hear a "THUMP" ... for some reason this "thump" was so funny, that all I could do was laugh ... one of those silent laughs ... tears began to fall! I look at Liz, and she is curled up on the couch laughing just as hard! Jill is the last person to figure out what happened ... "Did you hit Bryan with the remote?" All I can get out is a small nod! Poor Bryan ... I felt sooo bad! He was a trooper and finished out the game! Since it was the only game we lost on tennis, I took full blame!

Warning: If playing wii, Spread Out!

1 comment:

The Holik's said...

The story of y'all playing wii makes me laugh so hard. The other night we had a sunday school party and Brianne and I were boxing against each other. It was hiliarious, and I am proud to say that I knocked her out in the last round. ehehhe