Monday, April 14, 2008

The Busiest Saturday EVER

Ok, so maybe not EVER ... the weekend of our wedding was pretty busy! Let's start at 6:00 PM on friday night! Sam and her son, Broc .. Joy and her kids, Madison, Noah and Joshua .. and Elizabeth ... all came over for an evening of fellowship with the girls and some rugrats! As soon as they sat down, I told them I had a little surprise for them! Because of the wonderful world of internet, we were going to have a date with my sister, Jill, who is half way across the world (exactly 12 hours ahead of us)! Using a program called Skype, we would be able to talk to her! I also have a camera, so she can see us! We had a date set up for 7 Pm (our time), which was 7 AM (on her saturday morning)! It was soo great to hear her voice, and she was able to see all the kids and how they are growing up! I think it turned out to be an awesome surprise! Here are some pictures of all the rugrats!

Trying to get Madison to take a picture!!
She fought hard, but her mom and Broc won!

Joy, attempting to hold on to 2 kids ...
that did not want to stay there!

Sam and Broc with Baby Joshua

So let me explain this picture a little:
Violet was all about giving all her kisses to Joshua, so I am trying to keep her off with my elbow ... while I am trying to keep Noah there, just long enough to take a picture! I think it turned out cute!


We now move on to Saturday ... our day begins at 6 AM (that is not a type-o, Bryan and I were up at six on a sat. morning)! We participated in a softball tourney at Quail Valley, which is on the outskirts of San Angelo! Instead of going in details about it and getting upset again, let me just say that it was the most UNORGANIZED tournament I have ever participated in or seen!

Just to name a few things that made it UNORGANIZED:
-They told us we played at 8 am; they told the other team 9am.
-They told us we would play again at 11. Around 11:30, they came and told us we would be playing after lunch. After lunch, they told us we would be playing after this game. We finally played at 2:30.
-We never saw a "bracket" ... so that we could see when we played again (I really doubt they even had one)!
-They allowed 2 all-men teams to enter a co-ed tournament ... the umps told them that they only had to find two girls to play. They told us beforehand that you had to have half girls/half boys!
-It was supposed to be double elimination ... in the championship game, we played a team that had lost twice already!
-Our friend, who came to watch us play, had to ump the game because there was no one else around.
-All of the umps were confused on the rules, so from game to game, it depended of whichever ump you got!

Now, don't get me wrong, we had a fun time when we were playing ... but this time next year, I will not be posting about this softball tourney! Oh yea, they gave us the 1st place trophy, and an all-men team the 2nd place .... but the guys got the 1st place prize of $200 in gift certificates instead of our team! hahah Who knows!?

Bryan and Jaime ... looking tough before our 8 ... I mean 9 o'clock game!

Showing off our 1st Place Trophy with our 2nd Place Prizes!
Anybody else confused?


So you might be thinking, "What is so busy about a softball tournament?" Well what made my weekend so crazy/busy was that my cousin Brian, who runs for ASU's track, was participating in the David Noble Relays at ASU all day saturday! This is what happens when you do not check your calendar before you say, "YES, I would love to play in a co-ed softball tourney." So after our second game, I drove to ASU to watch his sprint relay! Yes, I drove 20 minutes to watch a 42 second race ... then drove back to the tourney! hahah Sounds silly, now! They placed 2nd! After the championship game, Bryan and I both went back to ASU ... made it just in time to watch Brian win the 400 meter hurdles! They finished with placing 2nd in the mile relay!

Bryan and I both were both so exhausted, that I am pretty sure we both feel asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow!

Our sunday was calm ... with a lot of chilling! We renewed our contract with Sprint, so Bryan and I both got new phones! Bryan always says, he has never had a "NICE" phone ... well he does now!

This is his new phone:

Does he need all the gadgets? No. Did he want this cool-looking phone? Yes. The only reason he got it is because the Store Manager was there, and he gave us some incredible deals! 5 new phones, including this one, for only $50! Bryan spent most of yesterday afternoon playing with his new phone! It was quite cute!

For all of you still reading to this point, Way to Go! Sorry about the long post ... just keeping everyone up-to-date!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to talk to Jill. I think about her all the time and can't wait until she's back! Softball sounds fun. I've been thinking we should all play again this summer. Brianne

Anonymous said...

so did they tell you won !st Place and second place prizes or
what? Seems like some of the umps that call for our city league made a trip to SA...LOL
I told one of the umps I could say what I wanted cause I wasn't getting paid to pay attention...
I love to HATE softball ...LOL
Mimi =^..^=

Anonymous said...

I meant did they tell you why you won fisrt and got second place priezs..sorry for the really long comment...guess it goes well with the really long post..lol

jill said...

so 5 new phones? so does that mean i get mine when i come home? i want one like bryan!!