Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2nd Doctor's Appointment

Today, Bryan and I went in for our 2nd appointment! Just a quick check up!

The very first thing I did was get on the scale! Well, I was just praying that I hadn't gained more than 10 lbs. My book said it was normal to gain 6-8 lbs. in the first couple months! I stepped on ... and waited for the worse! The nurse said, "You lost 3 lbs.!" I was so excited! I know you shouldn't be excited to lose weight when you are preggo ... but I was sick, and I am walking quite a bit, and trying to eat the right foods! This just reassured me that if I keep all this up (besides the sickness) that I will gain the recommended amount! My doctor was like why did we lose weight! hehehe I told her that it would not happen again!

The nurse checked my blood pressure ... I guess it was fine because she didn't say anything about it!

Then my doctor checked for a heartbeat! She was rubbing all over my tummy, and not finding anything! I said, "I know that sometimes if the baby is in a weird position, it can make it difficult to find the heartbeat this early ... or if the mom is fat!" My doctor was like you are not fat! She searched a little longer, and then said ok let's go to the secret sono room! Yeah, we get to see the baby again!

They have a sonogram machine in their office that they use for instances like this ... she wanted to see that the baby was growing since she couldn't hear the heartbeat!

I laid down on the oh so comfy bed. As soon as she put the wand on my tummy, she said hello baby and bryan's eyes got big! I warned him that there is a big difference between a 7 week old baby and 13 week old baby on a sono! From the first view, she was looking straight at the baby, and she said that his/her feet kept popping into view! She said we have ourselves a little jumper here! So then she moved to the side view. I was laying down, and couldn't really see anything. So I propped myself up with my elbows so I could see the monitor! When I sat up, I could see my little baby! Then he/she jumped again! The baby jumped, then would slide down, then jumped again ... Bryan said he was doing the worm! hehe It was so fun watching him/her! The doctor saw the heartbeat and said everythings looks great! She even gave us another picture!

13 Weeks, 2 Days

1 comment:

~kristi said...

oh yeah, I am glad you got to hear and see her!