Saturday, July 04, 2009

Not a Fun Experience

Since we basically spend Friday evening through Saturday evening in Wall ... we decided to bring the dogs, and keep them at my mom's house!

We left Freedom Fest around 10:15, and made it back to my parent's house by 10:30! We didn't have a garage door opener, so we had to wait on my parents to get home! We were going to sit in my mema's drive way and watch some more fireworks ... but first I was going to get Violet out of the backyard!

In the backyard, I found two dogs ... Bevo and Miko!

I freaked out right away, and Bryan and I began the search! My parents made it home shortly after that, so we asked for a flashlight and told them that Violet was not in the yard!

Bryan and I got in the car, and drove down the road towards Loop 306 ... calling for her every few seconds! Nothing! Came back down, passed the house ... and drove towards the other highway! By this time, I am bawling ... and can barely yell! We make it to the end of the road, and come back on the next road over! My parents were walking down it, and said they thought they heard a small dog on the next street over!

With a little hope, we skipped to the next street over ... and only found a weiner dog in a yard! We came across some peole popping firecrackers in the street ... we stopped and asked if they had seen a small dog run by here. They asked what color (I became even more hopeful), so I told them black and brown! Then they said no! Then a little boy said ... but we are kind people! So I guess that was supposed to let me know that he wouldn't lie to me!

We made it to the next street over, and then decided to head back towards my parent's house! Driving slowly, we were fixing to turn onto my parent's street ... when on the other side of the road I see a little dog running towards us! I freak out, yell, and open the door before Bryan realizes what I saw! When she saw me, she ran and jumped in my arms! I then bawled more tears ... but this time, tears of joy!! I probably squeezed the life out of her ... I was just so happy to hold a perfectly unharmed Violet! We went and found my parents and took them home!

Even though we only had to search for about 45 minutes ... it seemed like forever!

At home (around 1AM)! My eyes are a little swollen and red! But I didn't care ... I needed a picture of me and this little mutt, that I love!

No comments: