Friday, July 24, 2009

It is Definitely Working!

That is ... the Shock Collar!

I am amazed at how quickly Bevo caught on! We have not had to shock him in a long time! And Since the battery went out in the remote, we haven't been able to ... even if we wanted to! But luckily, we have had no need to! He has been so obedient while going for walks!

Yesterday, I went out into the big open field, where the Bryan and the boys often play football or softball!! He roamed the whole area! He is not allowed to cross the road, so he chases a bird all the way to the ditch ... then turns around and runs straight back to me! He watches people and cars go by ... and does not attempt to chase after them!

He did something yesterday that proved he was ready to be off of the shock collar!

Near the open area where we were at ... there is a small hole between the fence and a yard! In the past, Bevo has known that hole well ... because that was his key to the dirt fields behind our houses, where he would run for hours ... ignorning us the entire time! I wasn't paying attention ... and the next thing I saw was Bevo was on the other side of the fence about 100 feet from me ... going for the fields! I immedietely called for him to come here! Instead of going back through the hole, he came to where I was ... but with a fence in between us! I was impressed that he at least obeyed to an extent! Then I said, "Come Here Bevo!" and he ran back to the hole, and then straight to me! I was sitting there in awe ...

Bryan showed up shortly after that ... and I was sooo excited to tell him about our amazing dog!! I am happy to say that we will be replacing the battery to the remote, and then giving the shock collar back to our neighbors! We are in no need of it anymore!

No comments: