Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Orientation

Monday: At 8:30am, I had to go get another TB shot. Then at 9am, we had hospital orientation at the Human Resources office! We watched a 2 1/2 hour long movie about the hospital manual. The Bad News: It was incredible borring, but I guess necessary. The Good News: That was all we had to do for the day!! We were gone by 11:30!! Yeah!

Tuesday: We met at the Education building (behind the hospital) at 8:30am! Today was really hard, very overwhelming! I felt so dumb! Everyone around was either certified or was in school to be a nurse ... and here I was, no nursing skills at all!! By the time 5:30 came around, I was more than ready to go home!

Wednesday: A better day! Today, we did a lot of procedures that I would be doing in the hospital! for example: taking vital signs every 4 hours, taking out iv and foley cathedars, etc. I came home wednesday later afternoon a little more excited about the job!! I also got my schedule ... first day to work: Friday, 6am- 6pm!

No comments: