Monday, March 02, 2009

The Big News ...

My Current Attire ...

My New Uniform ...

Last Wednesday, I accepted a job with Shannon Medical Center!

Now, that might sound crazy ... so here is a little background information! I have always wanted to be a nurse! But during college, I didn't believe I had the "discipline" to take the classed to become a nurse! I received my teaching certificate, and am glad I did! But I always wonder what it would be like to be a pediatric nurse!

The housing market is low ... so I have been looking to find a part time job! I would drop my hours at Trinity Ridge Homes to part time also, and have 2 part time jobs!

So, my wonderful hubby and his friend from Dove Creek have been working out in the morning at the gym! Somewhere it comes up, that Sean's wife is the head nurse in the Pediatrics Dept. at Shannon Medical Center ... AND they are looking to hire 3 nursing assistants, part-time, Monday and Wednesday!

So I filled out my job application on Monday, had an interview on Tuesday, and accepted the position on Wednesday!

I am so excited about this ... and no doubt, this is a God-thing! Here, I get the chance to see what it would be like to be a nurse, see if I like it ... and if I ever wanted to go to school for it! It is a great foot in the door opportunity! And also, they are paying me to find out what it's like ... instead of me paying the school!!

I have no idea when I start yet. Tomorrow, I have to go to Human Resources for drug tests, background checks and all that good stuff!!

PS- Bryan helped me pick out my first pair of scrubs last Thursday! We went with Kermit, because that was my Tanner's favorite character (Tanner was one of my fav kids in my 4th grade student teaching class; he passed away in March of 2007 from heart problems!)
Sorry, for all of you who thought this was something else ...

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Congrats! What a great opportunity! God is good!

Anonymous said...

It was hard to keep my mouth shut...guess the JM series is paying off...LOL...
You look so cute and AHmmm well qualified/dignified...
CONGRATS>>> MIMI43grlz

Mrs. Jenk said...

so exciting for you- it is great to have a career that you love.

~kristi said...

I did not think you were prego I was just giving you a hard time with being sick at your stomach. How cool! Next scrubs- pooh for the girls!

lindsay said...

well, i on the other hand, DID kind of expect a different kind of big news! haha. congrats on the job! i would love to do that! hope you love it!