Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day OFF ...

Today, I had the day off ... so Bryan took the day off also! We started off with taking Violet to the vet for her rabies, parvo and rattlesnake shots ... she was NOT happy by the time we left!

Then we went into town for some shopping! Scrubs are expensive ... that's all I have to say about that!! Lunch at Bonsai Garden was excellant! Then, I went and chopped off my hair ... I needed something a little easier and faster for my 6 am shifts at the hospital!!

I pleased ... spoiled my be a better word ... my hubby by playing golf with him! I do not care for golf, but Bryan loves it .... and is always wanting us to play together!! So, we decided that thursday afternoon on our day off would be perfect!!

First Drive of the day ...
(besides the driving range)

The last time we took a picture like this was on our honeymoon ... i'm sure it will be 2 years or longer before we get another!!
The "6" was my favorite club ...

Obviously posing ... I should have hit the ball then get in position!!!
Hole 1-9 were OK to me ... I had some really good shots, and lost no balls (besides the 3 that went in the lake; I knew where they were, just couldn't go get them!)

Funny Story: I was about 10 feet from water, and I had to hit the ball about 35-40 feet to get it over the lake, onto the green! The first one skipped straight into the water; the 2nd made it a little farther, but still didn't make it! (Sidenote: i can't tell the difference in any of the golf balls, but by how good my shots are, is how I decide which ones I like the best.) Well, my first 2 in the water were nike and some other crappy ball we found in the bushes! Well, Bryan comes up ... takes my best ball (Bridgestone) and was going to show me how to hit it! I'm sure you can all guess what happened! YUP, straight in the water ... I was so mad! I took HIS best golf ball, swung as hard as I could ... it cleared the water ... and the green ... and the tee off on the other side!! So, it went a little farther than I wanted ... but at least I cleared the water!! So, then I shot from the other side of the green ... I did not realize how slanted the green was! My (well bryan's golfball) rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled and then rolled past the green, into the water!! Whoops!!

There was water on Bryan's seat ... I was made about hole 10! I said Bryan, there's water in your seat. He said what? I said nothing. I thought it was funny ... he did not!!

Nice form, huh?

I'm pretty sure this was right before I threw the club and quit ...

Hole 10-11 were not good at all!! I went down hill! Basically gave up, and said I'm done!! Luckily, Bryan got frustrated with the people in front of us ... he saw them pick up TWO of his golf balls and then tell us that they have not seen any!! He was sooo mad!! SO, I convinced him it was time to go!!

One more picture of us ...

We made our way around, and he decided to play hole 18!

Last putt of the day ...

I had a WONDERFUL DAY with my Hubby!!
I had a couple good, surprising shots!
It was a nice, relaxing day before the crazy day ahead of me!!

1 comment:

The Holik's said...

I am dying laughing!! You are so hiliarous!!! The golf balls in the water....that is to funny....and bryan's butt picture with water on it.....I am still laughing!!

Oh yeah, did I tell you I missed you on the blogging world? Don't you ever do that again. :)