Thursday, September 18, 2008

IC's Bombfire

Last Night, we attended IC's bombfire!

IC Varsity Football Team!

Plus Cheerleaders and the Head Coach!


Bryan and I have fallen for this small town community ... where purple is all you see! Especially with Bryan student teaching, we are learning more and more people everyday! Kids come running up to him, yelling, "HI COACH NEAL" ... Bryan looks at me and says, "This is Trey, Oscar and India." Slowly, but surely ... we are becoming IC Hornets!

Now, I grew up as a Wall Hawk ...wearing Kelly Green and nothing else! It is quite the change to go from green to purple!

The bombfire was started by a couple of adults while the cheerleaders did (i think) every cheer they knew! The crowd cheered along ... but I bet many of them were cheering because the fire was making the mosquitoes go away!

The picture on my left was when it was fully on fire! Right After I took this picture, an armadillo came running out of the fire! I have no idea how
he lasted that long ... but he made it out ok!

The bombfire was a hit!! No burns, No accidents, No out of control! Just a whole bunch of people gathered around a big ole fire!!


Bryan enjoying the warmth from the fire!!

2 comments:

~kristi said...

those are some of my fave memories from high school. I loved homecoming week. It is so cool Bryan gets to experience the other side of it.

Amy Holifield said...

I wish we could have had a bonfire in high school, but you know how cotton can burn! You look super cute in your picture. I love that tank layered with the long sleeves.