Friday, September 19, 2008

Five Fav Friday

My new craze is AUDIO BOOKS! I aboslutely, positively love them!

1. My first book that I listened to on my ipod was Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks! I wanted something that I had not read, but yet something that I knew I would like! I couldn't have picked something better! I am in love with the characters of this book ... I am in love with the romance ... I am super excited that it comes out in a movie Next Friday!!

2. It makes running easier! Seriously! I am so caught up in the story ... that my running goes by so quickly! Some one might want to write down these words, "I am actually excited about running after work today!" hehe I have never said anything like that before!

3. You can rent these audio books (on CD) at Hastings for $4.99 for 2 weeks! The Library has some audio books on CD's, but mostly tapes!

4. I love to read! The stories, the characters, the imagination that some authors have ... but it's finding the time to do so! Audio books allows me to do other things, while enjoying a good book ... For Example: Clean house, running, Make a 20 minute commute to SA for work go by extremely fast, etc.

5. The Choice by Nicholas is my current read in the car! Another excellent book so far! Yes, I am reading ... I mean, listening to two books at the same time!!

*Amy just pointed out that Nicholas Sparks will be adding another to his collection at the end of this month: The Lucky One

I know that audio books aren't for everyone! But if you enjoy to read, but can't quite find the time ... try them out! Who knows, you might find as much joy in them as I did!!


-------------------------------------------------------

Today is Friday!! Today is Irion County's Homecoming Game! We plan on slaughtering the Bronte Longhorns! Today, we also expect some company to come see us for some dove hunting and girly stuff!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

~kristi said...

Are they like mushy romance? I don't know if I would like romance. My mom reads him too, but I am scared to try!

Shaunna said...

I have read all his books, and I just love each and every one of them! I might have to go for the audio version of his new book this time around...Addi doesn't allow much reading time:)

I am excited about the movie too! I wish all of the Nicholas Sparks' lovers roaming around out here in the blog world could meet up and see it together- There would be a lot of us, and it would be so much fun!

You need to read (listen to) "The Wedding"- One of my favs...So sweet! Oh, and "The Guardian"...Oh heck, you just need to listen to them all!

The Holik's said...

I love Nicholas Sparks!!

And you are running, Brianne and I are joining in with this girl from San Angelo (and alot of other people) and are running a 10K (6.2 miles) at the end of March!! You should run with us!! Check it out on her blog!! It is on the side.

http://letmythoughtsflow.blogspot.com/

Amy Holifield said...

the choice is one of my favorites! it totally suprised me. we got an ipod last year for christmas and it's still in the box, we have no idea how to use it! but i never thought about books on it. like shaunna said, having a little one doesn't give you any time to read anymore, audio books is a perfect solution. I will definitely be figuring it out now and putting it to use.

Emily said...

Hi there! You don't know me, but I read your blog! Yes, I'm one of those crazy bloggers... but only because you write fun blogs! =)
Anyway, I have read one of Nicholas Sparks' books before and loved it. If you haven't read any of Karen Kingsbury's books, you seriously have too! She is an amazing Christian author and I read her books so fast only because I can't put them down! Start with the Redemption series... great!
Have a great day!
Emily