Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My Sweet Baby Boy

SO this might come off as jibberish to some of you, but I want to remember how I felt after we found out we were going to have a little boy!!

Let's start with a little before:
For the past couple of weeks, I had been pretty sure that this baby was a girl! I had dreams about girls, my friends were having girls ... it just seemed right! Bryan even started to feel the same way! But this past week, he was like i think it actually might be a boy!

On Sunday Night, our neighbor asked me what we were having! I said a girl ... no hesitation, no "i think"!

Monday morning was a different story! I woke up at 6:30am, rolled over and poked Bryan! He was like what? I said, "Bryan, it's a boy!" He said yeah, I think so too! We both had had dreams about it being a boy!

Skipping ahead to after the appointment:
I, all of a sudden, felt totally different! The day before ... I had been carrying a baby, what had looked like a peanut, a little alien, and I had even been told it looks like a grape and a peanut together! BUT NOW, I am carrying my son, our son! We saw his organs (bladder, kidneys, stomach, heart, which was pumping like crazy)! We saw his little man part, which does not make him just a baby .... it makes him a human baby boy!! We saw his arms, legs, fingers toes ... and even his long spine and little rib cage!

All of this hit me, and by the time we got to the car ... I was bawling! Bryan's like what's wrong! I was like, Call me crazy, But I love him even more now than I did yesterday! Yesterday, I loved this "thing", "it", "baby neal" inside of me ... But Today, I really love "Our son", "My baby boy"!

We can blame this all this emotional crap on my pregnancy hormones!

*Also, I forgot to say yesterday ... We finally got to hear the heartbeat! She turned the speakers on and there it was, loud and clear! I said, "that's the first time we have gotten to hear the heartbeat!" And then she turned it off! His heart was beating 144 bpm!

*After the appointment, we got spoiled with a couple cute boy outfits and some picture frames! Thank You so much, Mary and Roy!! We really appreciate it all!!

We do not have a name for our baby boy yet! Nor will we name him until after he has made his arrival! Our plan is to have 2 solid, full names picked out! Right now, we have a lot of names, but not really anything set!! For now, we are calling him our cowboy!

Thanks for all the comments!! We are very excited to blessed with a little boy!

6 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

I remember those moments so well- the development you can see at this point is so real and to know something as important as gender gives them more of a face, personality, and spirit to dream about. Can you imagine not finding out? I don't know how they do it!

Brianne said...

So excited for you! Boys are just dandy! Can't wait!

Shaunna said...

I remember those feelings too! I was so happy to finally be able to refer to Addi as "her", and "she" rather than "it." So happy for you guys!!

Are you going to share the 2 names you pick out? Just curious;]

Stephanie said...

i know its hard to believe now but just think....you will be even more in love when you look into his eyes for the first time and he relizes you are mommy!!!! it is truly a WONDERFUL experience ....you are very blessed!!!!

kayjsmith said...

I remember i was 8 weeks and i had a dream that a little boy was playing in the front yard and i called out "Cameron be careful" thats when i knew i was having a boy and his name was to be cameron. its amazing how God tells us things in his own little way.

lindsay said...

can't tell you enough how excited I am for you! i can't wait to see the first baby BOY neal! he's gonna be a cutie like his uncle tr.... i mean, his daddy. you know good looks run in that family. hehe. congrats!