Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our 1st Project Together - Day 4

Saturday afternoon, we got a lot of work done!

Measuring the inside to make sure everything would work!!


1st Injury for Me:
I was playing with the tape measure, and I pushed the button for it to slide in ...
it came in really fast and busted me on the knuckle!

Hammering the border pieces ...

2nd Injury for Me :
nail sticking up out of board that I was holding ...
took a chunk of skin out!

Filling in the holes ...
(yes, I know I look bad)

Just a cool shot ...

Cutting the hardibacker ...
Not fun!

Bryan told me that there is a cancer warning on the back of hardibacker ...
and, of course, our monkey masks were at home!!

Gluing the hardibacker board to the table using liquid nails!

3rd Injury for me ...
the hardibacker board fell from table, and i caught it with my finger!
(it sure doesn't look back in the picture, but it hurt like crap when it happened!)

The table after Day 4 ...


This is Bryan's injury of the day!! hehe

Day 4 was filled with blood, arguing, measuring and remeasuring to make sure it's going to fit, and finally a table that can be worked on at our house!!
When I say day 4 ... it's not exactly true! Bryan went in a couple times, and would put another layer of stain on the table! I have not considered those days!

More to come soon ...

1 comment:

Marissa said...

It is really coming together! It looks great!