Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Our 1st Project Together - Day 3

The weather we have been having is not ideal for drying stuff! We put a coat of stain, and then wait 4-6 hours, and it is still wet in places!

And I know you might be wondering why we stained just the legs ... for us, it's just seems easier! We are able to be at normal height, not sitting on the ground, and it's up on a table, so it can't accidently get kicked or anything! It is all definitely a learning process ...

On Day 3, Bryan went in the morning and gave it one last layer of stain! Then that evening we put a thin coat of sealer! It makes it shiny looking!

Ohhh Pretty!
Hoping that a blow dryer would help ... so that we could continue working!


It wasn't doing anything!
3 Days working on the project ...
and we still Love each other!! Yes!

Hopefully this is not the end ...
and there is more to come!! hehe

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Hey Sus! That table looks fantastic. Did you guys build it too? How did you get that cool header on your layout? Got to see your sis the other day, bc I ate lunch with Jenny and then stopped by to see their house. So fun! Have a great week.

~kristi said...

cute new layout

Colleen said...

I got a job doing transcription for a small financial planning company out of fredericksburg. My Aunt was a medical transcriptionist for 20 year and I've been saving to take an online medical transcription course. Anyways, her friend in Fredericksburg needed someone for a small quick turnover position. And she recommended me. It kind of just fell in my lap. So transcription is a really good thing to get into if you wanna do a home based business. take care! Hope I didn't ramble too much haha.

Amy Holifield said...

Oh my goodness, I know the fever for the first one is sooooo bad. I think we were walking back down the eisle when I began talking about a baby. However, we were just shy of our 2nd anniversary when we got pregnant, and it was good timing. I think any sooner than that would have been really hard. I'd always heard that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but I'm convinced it's the first year of your first child. Lots of things change between a husband and wife, and you have to have a really strong foundation. Cameron was right about waiting, but don't tell him that, I don't like to let him know he's right about anything!