Friday, February 29, 2008

Who in Texas DOESN'T Love the Rodeo?

Last night, Bryan and I went to the rodeo with a our friends: Clint, Miranda, Darren and Charlotte! We had 2 first-timers ... I think they enjoyed themselves! Before the rodeo, I stopped by Target for a couple of items (batteries for my camera being one of them)! On our way to Darren's house, I find 5 batteries in my camera case ... Instead of being the smart person, I assume they are all good, and leave the brand new batteries in the car! It turns out that all of them were bad, and every time I tried to take a picture, my camera would say, "Empty Battery." I was so mad! I got a couple of pictures of us ... but none of the rodeo! Sad Day!

Clint and Bryan, waiting on the rodeo to start.
Darren decided he was too good for the picture!

Our 1st Rodeo as a married couple!
Gotta have pictures for all these first times ...

The Rodeo was Great! I mean everything a Texas Girl could ask for ... Horses, Cows, Cowboys, Husband in his cowboy outfit (quite Handsome husband, I might add), Clowns, Singing, Best Rodeo Announcer EVER, being w/ friends, etc. I could go on and on! One of the favorite parts: They had four generations of horses! They started with one horse that was like 24 Years old (I don't remember their names), then they brought out her daughter, and then her daughter, then finally the great granddaughter! Again, I wanted a picture of this, but NO ... I had to have a dumb moment! Anyways, it was amazing the similarities of them! They were beautiful!

After the rodeo, we finally went to eat! We did not have enough time to eat before the rodeo, so we had to starve through it! We decided on Logan's! We get there, seeing only 5 cars in the parking lot ... of course, Logan's closes at 10:00 on Thursday Night! Because it was a week night, nothing was open ... we finally found the faithful Rosa's! Yum Yum!!

Darren and Charlotte

Us at Rosa's.

To end our crazy, but wonderful night ... I realized that I lost one of my earrings! No telling where it fell out, but I lost it before the rodeo started! You can see in both of the pictures ... only one earring!

4 comments:

The Holik's said...

Sorry, but I am laughing right now about your earring. that is really funny to me for some reason. Yes the rodeo is great.

Mrs. Jenk said...

Rosa's Cafe is my all time favorite. I miss it dearly!

Amanda said...

I have to say, I'm not a huge rodeo fan. I went to my first rodeo ever (though I grew up in San Angelo so I don't know how I never went to the rodeo) in Fort Worth last year and I almost cried during the calf roping event. Animal lovers and rodeos don't really mix. I liked the petting zoo though at the stock show part! Let me know if y'all are ever in the Fort Worth area!!! Baseball season is coming up next month, let me know if you wanna go see the Rangers lose!!! :)

Shaunna said...

I have never seen Clint or Bryan in cowboy hats...Who knew?!

I am ALWAYS losing an earring...So annoying!