Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What was I thinking?

Why do we say things before we think? I know everyone has heard, "Think, then Speak." It's not a hard concept! But still all of us at some point feel that regret within minutes. Let me start from the beginning.

I have this dream: After delivering our baby, the doctor will hand the baby to Bryan ... then he will hand the baby to me and tell me the gender. (we are not pregnant ... I figured I should add that in real quick). So unlike most of my friends and family members, I do not want to find out the gender of the baby at midterm. Bryan, on the other hand, wants to find out as soon as possible.

We compromised (like most married couples do) and decided that we would not find out on our first child, but could on the next! Well even though we are not prego, the topic still comes up! We discuss it, but still usually come to the same conclusion.

Bryan's twin brother and wife are expecting and were supposed to find out today what they are having, but the appointment was rescheduled for tomorrow.

Here is the regretful saying: "Hey Bryan, if Ryan and Marissa have a girl, then we can find out at midterm ... but if they are having a boy, we have to wait until the baby is born." Within minutes, I asked if I could take it back ... Bryan said, "NOPE." The reason that I said this is because both Bryan and Ryan want to have the first grandson. SO if they are having a girl, then I doubt Bryan will be about to wait until full term to find out what we are having!

I am praying for them to have a healthy baby, whether that is a boy or a girl. Ryan is supposed to call Bryan whenever they find out tomorrow morning ... it's crazy how that appointment is going to be big for both of us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.