Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round-Up

I know ... I must have been crazy to go to this place ... but I guess there are things you will go through to spend time with your husband! The sound gives you nightmares for days ... I still get the chills just thinking about that place! I will never go back ... never!

It wasn't really that bad! But, for a person who is deathly scared of snakes, especially rattlesnakes ... this isn't the place for her! I did enjoy learning about them ... and the shopping!! :)

First off, the snakes were brought into this huge pit!
Bryan and I were guessing about 1,000 rattlesnakes!

Then, they were moved to the "Milking" stage ...
They were drained of their venom, one by one.
Yes, that is a smaller rattlesnake at the edge of the table.

Then on to be ...

Measured ...

Weighed ...

and Skinned!
You could even skin your own rattlesnake if you wanted to! GROSS!

This is the 2008 Miss Snake Charmer ...
they had a pageant on thursday evening.

Is this guy crazy or what?

Too Close for comfort ...

Why would someone ever want a snake to strike?
That's what the demonstrator was trying to do with this guy!

The saying of the day:
"Kids, Don't try this at home!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh..how fun..but also creepy..man I know what you mean about the sound..that would freak me out!

The Holik's said...

SUSAN, i dont know how you survived that. It creeps me out just looking at the pictures.

Shaunna said...

Yikes...You are a brave woman!

Anonymous said...

What a "WIFE" I would never do that for any man or any REASON!!!!!!!!
what were you thinking?
=^..^=

Mrs. Jenk said...

yikes- just once in your life. Your snake days are now behind you.