Monday, March 17, 2008

Pet Peeve Day


Today is the day to vent about drivers! San Angelo might have some crazy drivers! I can say that because I used to be there ... but now have had a clean record for over 3 years!

Pet Peeves (in no particular order):
  • You know when a light turns yellow and you are at that point where you can either speed up a little or slam on your brakes ... Well, on those times that I do speed up, I am thinking to myself, "Man, I should have just stopped." Then I look in my rearview mirror, and there is not ONE, but TWO cars behind me that sped through the light! This also happens with green arrows ... when it turns yellow, a couple more cars come through! Then you can also count a couple cars coming through, when the light is green for you!

  • On-ramp ... this is used to speed up so that you can merge into 65 mph traffic! It is very hard to merge if the person in front of you is going 40!

  • Vehicles that think they need 2 parking spaces ... especially when there is limited parking space!
  • When people go from one side of the road ... across 3 lanes ... cut you off ... then turn right in front of you so that you have to hit your brakes! Some times, there isn't a soul in sight behind me ... why couldn't they pull in behind me to turn!?
  • In the Wal-mart parking lot .... people who drive across the parking spaces! This is something that really gets me fired up ... because even though you are following the road and the rules, you end up stopping for them because who knows if they are planning on yielding!

I am going to quit before I get all fired up!

No comments: