Monday, March 03, 2008

Hats off to a Great Weekend ...

... Computers on because it's Monday!

Bryan and I had a wonderful weekend! We started it with new furniture for our guest bedroom! It is a wedding present from my parents! Thanks Mom and Dad ... Now, people have a place to sleep when they come over! And just in time ... Ryan and Marissa showed up about 30 minutes after we had it all settled!

Bryan cooked steaks, while I cooked the fixings! We decided that we better cook a good supper because my parents were leaving for Honduras the following morning! For the next two weeks, they would be eating "mystery meat" ... not necessary meat, but who knows! Most of the time, people get sick from the water down there because they are not used to it ... Please Pray for this bunch as they are away!

The following morning, Susan decided that she would go pick her parents up at their house, then take them to the airport! Also, her husband would be coming along for the ride. Here's the catch: My parent's flight was at 6 AM ... meaning they needed to be there around 5 ... that has us leaving their house at 4:30 ... my car needs to be there around 4:15 to load up the suitcases ... which has us leaving at our house by 3:45!! My internal alarm clock went off at 3:15 and would not go back to sleep because I was afraid I would be late! We got home around 6, and got a couple of hours of sleep! My parents have done so many crazy things like that for me before ... so I was more than happy to do it!

The rest of the afternoon, I chilled. I don't remember the last time I did that ... it was nice! We went to eat Bonsai Garden for supper (Ryan/Marissa had never had japanese food like that before) ... as always, it was delicious! Afterwards, we rented Martian Child! I recommend this movie to all ages! I can't recall a single cuss word! The story line is so wonderful!

Sunday chuch ... amazing as always! Lunch w/ friends. Then onto a softball scrimmage ... Ryan and Marissa stayed, so that Ryan could play also! We played out at lakeview! The wind was crazy ... but that didn't stop them from hitting! They probably hit 20 homeruns altogether! I always go get the balls ... but man was I tired after the game was over!! Violet was with me ... so she ran a whole lot! Also, Elizabeth brought Peaches and Romo ... they joined us in finding homerun softballs! We all went to Sonic afterwards for drinks, ice cream, burgers, etc. Ryan and Marissa headed home after this (come back and see us soon guys).

Hastings has an awesome offer ... if you bring your movie back the following night, you get a $2.00 credit towards your next rental (they used to be a $1, which was still cool)! So Bryan and I took Martian Child back, and decided to get Gone, Baby, Gone. We stopped by Wal-Mart ... to buy groceries and a certain movie about a child thinking he is from Mars. This is how much I loved the movie ... return a rental, then go buy it! Gone, Baby, Gone was not as good ... Bryan liked it, but it was too sad ... and I also heard the "f-word" entirely too many times! I am going to return it after work for our $2 credit (that's the best part about the movie)!

Our weekend ended with some rain ... oh one of the sweetest sounds!

No comments: