Friday, August 10, 2007

Not Quite like Ichiban's ...

I got pretty close to the wonderful food at Ichiban's and Bonsai Garden ... well, closer than last time! If you have ever been to a Japanese Steak House, you understand what I mean. I worked with a stove with 4 burners ... while they have one burner that works like one huge skillet!! Thank to Kristi ... our rice turned out pretty decent (we needed more soy sauce)!! I'm not one to brag, but I think the steak and shrimp were really good!! Of Course, my first offical meal cooked for my husband was eaten in our bed because Bryan was in the middle of drafting for Fantasy Football (our internet is not wireless ...YET)!! Who cares ... we had a blast and already know some of the changes we need to make for next time!! When I told Bryan I wanted a picture of this, he laughed ... then when he saw the camera, he said, "I thought you were joking." NOPE! and here it is!!!


2 comments:

~kristi said...

Congratulations! Sorry about the fantasy football part, but yeah on the fried rice and shrimp part. The funny thing as you get better at it, you will find it difficult to pay full price at Ichiban's when you know how cheap and easy it is to cook at home. We have been doing shrimp alot latley b/c it is so cheap. I put Smart Start butter, in pan, melt then add shrimp and squeeze two lemons on them and then add black pepper and it is so good. Then, my fave side is portabella mushroooms sauteed in soy sauce, my new fave meal to eat for dinner.

~kristi said...

i dont see any peas in the fried rice though