Saturday, December 01, 2007

Day ONE - Our Romantic Engagement Story

A couple of my blogging friends are attempting something that I just couldn't pass up!! 25 Days of Blogging!! Christmas will be here before we know it! Join in on the fun ... even if you start late!!

December 1st, 2006 - Bryan and I got engaged!! Bryan planned a wonderful night for me! We were actually celebrating our 7th month of dating! We and some of our friends were going to eat at Bonsai Garden for the occasion! Bryan was going to pick me up from my house to go eat, but "supposedly" he was running late from work ... so he asked me to come to his house to save some time!! I drive up ... Bryan's pick-up is not there, and I can see something on the door! The note said that this was a game with 2 rules: 1.) I could not call him. 2.) I could not give up. He gave me clues that sent me to a friend's house (who actually introduced us)! Steven would answer no questions and just handed me another letter! This letter full of more clues sent me to Buffalo Wild Wings ... where Darren and Adam were waiting for me! More clues from them sent me to the softball fiels at ASU (lots of softball games here) ... where I found Nacho Libre and his sidekick, aka Jaime and Clint! Finally, I drove to the ASU Football field and my cousin, Elizabeth was sitting there with my final letter! This letter sent me home! I drive back home ... Mom and Dad are sitting there like nothing is happening! They finally told me Bryan was on the back porch!! I walked outside (tears were already in my eyes) ... He handed me flowers and got down on one knee!! He asked me to marry him and I said, "Are you kidding me?" hahah then I said YES!! After that, we actually did meet all our friends at Bonsai!!

3 comments:

~kristi said...

how did i not know this story? My brother is romantic!!

Mrs. Jenk said...

that is really cute!

The Holik's said...

WOW!! I don't think I ever heard the engagement story. How romantic!!!